LACK OF TREATS

Honestly, that was a bit of a swizz on Saturday at the 'Natural Feeding Open Day' (see 'Working Weekend 4th March). I got short-changed again at breakfast and it wasn't even an agility day (see Snakes and Ladders 21st Feb). She said it was because no doubt I was going to be scoffing lots of samples later on and she didn't want me losing my trim figure. She, on the other hand, had her usual bowl of porridge and honey and then still tucked into the chocolate digestives during the break - 's not fair.

Anyway, Rebecca the lovely lady representative from Natures Menu, took pity on me and sneaked me quite a few of their banquet nuggets and then also presented me with a packet of beef treats for being such a good boy. I was just about to make sure that they really were '95% pure meat' when the packet was whipped away, "Oh, thank you SO much, Turbo will really enjoy earning those at his next agility class." Excuse me, I thought I'd already earned them by posing for the paparazzi sent along by the local paper and doing endless bows and begs to amuse everybody.

Still, at least I didn't have to wear a coat though it did take us absolutely ages to leave as she couldn't decide which collar or harness I should have on - the utility room at home resembles a tack room what with mine and Silver's accoutrements collection. In the end she settled on the Moo Cow Step-in Harness as it didn't clash with what she was wearing and she seemed to think that people would make the connection between cows and the fact that I'm a cattle dog - pathetic.